Select Menu

Random Posts

Europe

Honeymoon

News

Thailand

United States

Delhi

Goa

» » Five Memorable Places That I Visited In Thailand

A few months back I had visited to Thailand during my vacation and without doubt it was one of my best trips of my lifetime
. It was quite a memorable experience exploring the some of the best tourist destinations in Thailand. Though there were plenty of places in Thailand worth mention, I have listed my favorite five destinations that have left a mark in my heart and memory.

A Visit to Wat Arun
Wat Arun, which is also popularly known as the “Temple of Dawn”, is the first on my list of favorites. The temple is located In Bangkok Yai district of Bangkok, in Thailand. The temple is beautifully located on the western bank of Chao Phraya River. This magnificent temple is a Buddhist temple, which interestingly derives its name from the Hindu God, Aruna, who is symbolized as the radiation of rising sun. 

As I got closer to this ancient temple through a ferry ride along the waters of the Chao Phraya River, I was fascinated with the architectural style and the skillful craftsmanship of this temple. The beautifully decorated sphire, which towers to a height of about 70 m, was the main attraction of this temple. The sphire is structured in the Khmer style of architecture, with the use of sparkling glass and porcelain that were actually used as ballast by ships coming in from China, during the ancient times. The inner hall was equally attractive as the outer appearance of the temple, as it comprises of an image of a golden Buddha and the walls are adorned with the mural paintings.

Cruising Down the Canals in Bangkok
Cruising along the canals of Bangkok is another memorable, which I would not like to forget in my entire lifetime. As I boarded a long-tailed speed boat to explore the canals of Chao Phraya River, I realized that if you want to explore the real natural beauty of Bangkok, cruising along the canals is certainly to be experienced.

 As I cruised along the canals, I enjoyed the breath-taking views along the river side, which included wooden houses with floating kitchens, colonial mansions, mobile shops, home stays and colorful culture.

Taling Chan Floating Market
Bangkok is mainly known as a shopping destination. The entire region of Bangkok is dotted with several markets, including some floating markets, which was my personal favorite. During my visit to Thailand, I went on to explore one of the floating markets, which is known as Taling Chan Floating Market.

 It is a weekend market, which is put up by the local farmers who generally sell their produce. This market is filled with music, sent of delicious food, arts, vibrant colors and lots of vigor. The market is filled with floating boats where vendors put on sell items such as cooking gear, serving utensils, colorful ingredients and food. The food found at this place mostly comprises of traditional Thai dishes, which are provided at affordable rates.
Khun Dan Prakarnchon Dam
One of the main highlights of my vacation in Thailand was my trip to the Khun Dan Prakarnchon Dam, which allowed me to observe the rural part of the country. Along the trip we were able to visit the villages, arts and craft centers, dams and also know the locals from close quarters. One of the best places that we visited during this trip was Nakhon Nayok.

 I also enjoyed various fun activities during this time, like river rafting and enjoying the fascinating sight of sunset from the Royal Hills Golf Resort and Spa. I also got to visit the Ban Tha Dan town, which is located at a close distance from the dam. The town offered a pleasant sight, as it is very rich in greenery.

A visit to Ban Dong Krathong Yam

Visiting the villages of a place is quite rare when you are travelling to foreign destinations. My visit to the Ban Dong Krathong Yam, which is a quaint village in Thailand, was quite a memorable one. The villagers of this place turned out to be very much hospitable, simple and affectionate who received us with a warm gesture.

 The village is chiefly known for its noodle strainers because of which it is often referred as the ‘noodle strainer village’. We had a fun time at this place, observing the traditional lifestyle of the villagers and tasting the scrumptious traditional dishes that were offered to us by the locals. 

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

4 comments

  1. Vacation in Thailand is always a dream. I am planning a solo Thailand trip want to have a idea about all the places that i can visit. I found great Thailand tour packages here ,even this can be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in pattaya for some time, initially i found the city very crowded, as the time passed, i started to like and now i call it my home. one of my favorite city is Pattaya , I love pattaya nightlife, the culture, good food, Every time i plan to visit thailand i get the good deal for thailand tour packages from here, you may also visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice the post Planning for your Thailand trip? Apply for Thailand trip packages online. Getting Thailand holiday packages for Indians is now a simpler & faster process!
    visit us :- thailand tour packages from delhi
    thailand tour packages from delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice the post Planning for your Thailand trip? Apply for Thailand trip packages online. Getting Thailand holiday packages for Indians is now a simpler & faster process!
    visit us :- thailand tour packages from delhi
    thailand tour packages from delhi

    ReplyDelete